Would you like to work for a progressive organization? The Milwaukee Area Labor Council is looking to hire a part-time Field Organizer. We are a labor organization looking for an individual who is team oriented and enthusiastic among other things. Review the job posting below and forward your resume & cover letter for consideration. DOWNLOAD INFO
Part-time Field Organizer
6 month temporary position
Based in Milwaukee, WI
Opportunity to work as an important part of a team conducting activities that support the principles of economic justice in a large Midwestern city.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Implement recruitment, logistics, and mobilization efforts for MALC member-to-member education program, including voter registration, canvassing, rallies, phone banks, get-out-the-vote activities.
- Help build structures for successful and sustainable member engagement and leadership development that strengthen affiliate involvement, as well as organizing for the long term.
- Assist with staffing committees and implementation of committee workplans
- Outreach to union affiliates and labor council delegates in Milwaukee, Washington, and Ozaukee counties to increase engagement and activity in those counties.
- Coordinate with MALC staff to maximize use of social media platforms for networking and mobilization.
- Other duties as required
- Dynamic interpersonal skills and ability to build strong relationships with diverse constituencies.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Grassroots organizing experience in either a community or workplace context and/or political campaign or legislative experience.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with the Microsoft office suite as well as Twitter and Facebook. Previous use of the VAN or LAN voter file a plus.
- Willing to travel in metro Milwaukee area (car and license and proof of insurance required).
- Willingness to work evenings or weekends, when needed, and at times long hours; ability to work independently while contributing to a strong team spirit.
- Familiarity with unions and labor movement structure a plus, and a commitment to building a strong labor movement dedicated to economic, social and racial justice a must. This is a part-time position of 20 hours per week paying $15 per hour and providing mileage reimbursement. This will be a union-represented position. The Milwaukee Area Labor Council, AFL-CIO is an equal opportunity employer and we actively seek to build diversity among our officers, staff, and members.
To Apply, please send resume and cover letter by June 1, 2018 to: email@example.com